Vanilla Valentine Popcorn with a Spicy Kick!
I was playing around with some different things in the kitchen, and made a delicious treat with a bag of microwave popcorn and a few other ingredients. This vanilla Valentine popcorn would be a great teacher or neighbor gift, class party snack, or a special afternoon snack for your family on Valentine's Day..or any day of the year! The color can be changed with each batch you make!
- one bag of popped microwave popcorn
- 3 squares of vanilla almond bark
- 2 drops of red food coloring gel
- coconut oil for thinning, if necessary
- 5-6 Cinnamon Fire Jolly Ranchers, finely crushed
- Pop bag of popcorn according to package directions.
- Melt almond bark on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add in 2 drops of red food coloring gel, more or less if desired.
- Stir completely and remove from heat when smooth.
- If the almond bark is not thin enough, you can add coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time, to thin out a bit.
- Heat the mixture with coconut oil if needed.
- Drizzle the almond bark over the popcorn as desired.
- Sprinkle finely crushed Cinnamon Fire Jolly Ranchers on top. (can be omitted, of course)
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes if it hasn't hardened.