I haven't always been a fan of soup, but this winter, soup just seems so delicious on a cold Winter day! We had this Three Bean Taco Soup last night for dinner. It's a bit spicy for the kids' tastes, but hubby and I love it!
- two pounds ground beef (I used lean longhorn beef)
- one onion, diced
- one can of pinto beans
- one can of kidney beans
- one can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- one can of fire roasted tomatoes
- one can of tomatoes with green chiles
- four cups of water
- 1/2 – one tablespoon chili powder (depending on how spicy you like it)
- two teaspoons onion salt
- one teaspoon garlic powder
- one teaspoon cumin
- one teaspoon sugar
- one teaspoon oregano
- Brown meat and onions in a pan. When fully cooked, drain the grease.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients – pinto beans, kidney beans, black beans, fire roasted tomatoes, tomatoes with green chiles, water, chili powder, onion salt, garlic powder, cumin, sugar, and oregano.
- Stir to mix well and cook on medium high for 30-45 minutes OR place in a slow cooker and cook on high for 6-8 hours on low.
- Serve! Can be served with corn tortillas, corn tortilla chips, sour cream, diced avocado, cheese, jalapenos, etc.
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- “Minnie’s Happy Helpers” Activity Pages + DVD Giveaway - July 22, 2017
- Easy, Fresh Mozzarella Mini Pizzas – Perfect For School Lunchboxes! - July 20, 2017
- The Best Portable Snacks For A Trip To The Zoo Or Water Park - July 19, 2017