March means basketball, plain and simple. We, along with millions of other Americans, will be watching the college basketball games this month, as well as our favorite professional team, of course! The Captain also has a basketball tournament this week, so we are really into the basketball spirit!
The boys were excited about making this awesome, easy textured basketball craft. We all got in the spirit and had fun with this one!
- 10″ x 10″ inch square of cardboard
- small plate or other circular object for tracing
- dark orange craft paint
- school glue
- black or dark brown yarn
- With a pencil, trace a circle onto a piece of cardboard.
- Carefully cut the circle out.
- Paint one side of the cardboard circle with dark orange paint and let dry.
- When paint is completely dry, use the school glue to make the texture of the basketball by carefully dripping dots of glue, evenly spaced, all over the painted side.
- Let glue dry and add more, if necessary.
- Freehand the lines of the ball onto the circle with pencil and then trace the pencil line with glue.
- Carefully cut the black yarn and lay on top of the glue lines.
These cute little basketballs are great decoration for your big basketball game party OR you can involve the little ones during the party by having a craft table for kids.
Preparing for the Big Basketball Game Party!
For the big games, we like to much on wings, chips and salsa, pizza, homemade soda, and more. Food is always a big deal! Basketball games can be quite intense, especially in our house. The stress of the game is likely to cause a headache, and stress plus spicy game day food usually equals heartburn. As much fun as basketball parties can be, we really have to be prepared for whatever comes our way!
How do you prepare for March basketball games?
Watch as we create this basketball craft together on FB Live: