This post has been compensated. All opinions are mine alone.
It is November in Texas which means two things for me…lots of things to do and allergies! I do not know why or what it is, but every year in mid-late November, I and at least one of the boys have allergy problems. The stress of Thanksgiving, travel, and activities, together with lack of sleep surely make them worse. This morning I woke up with a sore throat and was just feeling icky. I have found that warm beverages make sore throats from colds and allergies SO much better! If you are suffering like me, try this recipe for Spicy Hot Cocoa and feel better soon!
The main ingredient that makes this hot cocoa spicy is cayenne. Did you know that cayenne has anti-irritant properties and can also break up congestion from colds and allergies? That is why this spicy hot cocoa is both soothing and helpful when we are feeling run down.
Spicy Hot Cocoa For One
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup hot fudge
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less, depending on preference)
- 1 packet of hot chocolate
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until thoroughly mixed. You may need to stop and stir once or twice to make sure ingredients are not stuck to the side of the blender.
- Place in mug and heat in microwave for about a minute OR place mixture in sauce pan and warm it up on a low heat.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper and a drizzle of hot fudge.
This hot cocoa is SO good and will warm you up quickly. What busy mom with a cold wouldn’t appreciate a spicy hot cocoa at the end of a stressful day? The only thing about hot cocoa is that the mug always has a ring around the top and chocolate stuck to the sides. Surely I am not the only one that this annoys?
What’s your go to for when you feel sick?
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Cashew Aoli Mason Jar Salad – Whole 30 Approved Salad in the Perfect Portions! - March 15, 2019
- BBQ Beef Sweet Potato Bites with Avocado Cilantro Cream - March 12, 2019
- Recipes for Kids – Over 95 Parent Tested Recipes That Kids Can Help Make! - March 10, 2019