This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScrubSeason #CollectiveBias
It is November in Texas which means two things for me…lots of things to do and allergies! I do not know why or what it is, but every year in mid-late November, I and at least one of the boys have allergy problems. The stress of Thanksgiving, travel, and activities, together with lack of sleep surely make them worse. This morning I woke up with a sore throat and was just feeling icky. I have found that warm beverages make sore throats from colds and allergies SO much better! If you are suffering like me, try this recipe for Spicy Hot Cocoa and feel better soon!
The main ingredient that makes this hot cocoa spicy is cayenne. Did you know that cayenne has anti-irritant properties and can also break up congestion from colds and allergies? That is why this spicy hot cocoa is both soothing and helpful when we are feeling run down.
Spicy Hot Cocoa For One
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup hot fudge
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less, depending on preference)
- 1 packet of hot chocolate
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until thoroughly mixed. You may need to stop and stir once or twice to make sure ingredients are not stuck to the side of the blender.
- Place in mug and heat in microwave for about a minute OR place mixture in sauce pan and warm it up on a low heat.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper and a drizzle of hot fudge.
This hot cocoa is SO good and will warm you up quickly. What busy mom with a cold wouldn't appreciate a spicy hot cocoa at the end of a stressful day? The only thing about hot cocoa is that the mug always has a ring around the top and chocolate stuck to the sides. Surely I am not the only one that this annoys? My solution is to use the new Scotch-Brite® Scrubbing Dish Cloths. These sturdy cloths are fully washable and reusable and come in pretty colors, too. The Scrubbing Dish Cloth takes cleaning to a whole new level so you can do even more, including tackling stuck on messes, like the ones on my coffee mug. The scrubbing dots on one side of the dish cloth take on tough messes in the sink and across a variety of surfaces.
All of these ingredients, plus the Scotch-Brite Scrubbing Dish Cloths can be found at your local Walmart. Just visit the cleaning aisle and look for the pretty colored scrubbing dish cloths! Save $1 on any two Scotch-Brite Products. (Scrub Sponges, Lint Rollers and Scrubbing Dish Cloths)
Need more recipes and cleaning inspiration? Visit this site!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Three Layer Very Berry Dream Cream – A New Summer Favorite! - April 26, 2017
- How To Throw The Ultimate Soccer Party – 25 Fun Ideas! - April 24, 2017
- Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake – A Special, Easy To Make “Tangled Before Ever After” Treat! - April 12, 2017