This is a super simple recipe that I made that we call “Spicy Casserole.” It’s not overwhelmingly spicy, but you can adjust the spiciness to fit your family’s taste.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 cups black beans, (or 2 cans)
- 3 cups pinto beans, (or 2 cans)
- 1 1/2 cups corn, (1 can)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 2-3 chicken breasts, diced and cooked OR 1 lb hamburger meat, cooked
- tortilla chips, crushed
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cayenne pepper, to taste, optional
- Cook meat, garlic, and onion in a pan until fully cooked.
- Add black beans, pinto beans, corn, and diced tomatoes and green chilies and warm over medium heat.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Spray 8×10 inch glass baking dish with spray oil.
- Crush tortilla chips or break tortillas and make a fine layer on the bottom of dish.
- Add half of your meat mixture on top of the chips or tortillas.
- Repeat step 5 and 6. Top with cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, until bubbly.
- Serve with chips, rice, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or anything else you might want!
(I used blue corn/flaxseed chips on top for an extra crunch!)
The following two tabs change content below.
Gena and her husband live in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth, Texas area with their three sons. She is a former kindergarten teacher turned stay-at-home mom, blogger, and social media enthusiast. They love being outside, playing sports, raising chickens, cooking, crafting, and more!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice – Delicious Way to Cut the Carbs and Load Up the Veggies! - February 7, 2019
- Hearty Casseroles for Cold Winter Nights – Real Food Recipes That The Family Will Love! - February 5, 2019
- How to Have Even More Fun on Your Family Grocery Shopping Trips! - February 1, 2019