This microwave chocolate candy post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate and pecans seem to have such a lucious combination of textures and flavors. To me, there is no better pair than those two! Peanuts are an okay substitute, but being from Texas, pecans are my “nut of choice,” especially when paired with chocolate! Chocolate sheet cake with pecans, chocolate pecan pie, chocolate chip cookies with pecans, and Turtles candy, to name a few!
Somehow, my oldest has a pecan allergy. Sigh. He’s pretty good about it, as long as he has a dessert alternative if a pecan pie is placed in front of him, for instance. He’s learned to check the regular suspects – fudge and brownies, to see if they have pecans (or walnuts, which he is also allergic to.) It’s SUCH a downer when we are at potluck at church and the only chocolate dessert has tree nuts in them. He definitely has his mommy’s love of chocolate and sweets!
The challenge for me is satisfying my craving for pecans and chocolate in a quick and easy way, and preferably in a way that can be catered to his allergies, in case he wants a bite. I created this easy recipe a few months ago and it is so easily adapted. Just think of whatever you want to see in a candy bar and it’s done. If the Captain wants some chocolate candy, he can add fruit or peanuts. If Daddy wants candy, he can add his favorite – cashews.
So here’s what you need and how to make this deliciously easy snack!
- silicon molds
- chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, dark, white, etc)
- nuts (pecans, cashews, peanuts….pick your favorite – optional, of course)
- other optional add-ins: dried fruit, fresh fruit, coconut flakes, caramel, etc
- Place chocolate chips, as many as you'd like, in the silicon mold. Spread them out evenly.
- Microwave chocolate chips, stirring/flattening out every 20 seconds, until fully melted.
- Add ingredients of choice, pressing down into chocolate with a fork.
- Refrigerate for about 20-30 minutes to harden.
- Take out of the mold and enjoy!
X-Haibei Super Rock Star Soap Making Silicone Mold Chocolate Jello Cake Ice Cream Pan
Enjoy Life Mega Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chunks, 10 oz
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For fancier chocolates, check out Mini Layered Chocolates, Cake Batter Coconut Chocolate Candy, or Coconut Chocolate Candy!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Cashew Aoli Mason Jar Salad – Whole 30 Approved Salad in the Perfect Portions! - March 15, 2019
- BBQ Beef Sweet Potato Bites with Avocado Cilantro Cream - March 12, 2019
- Recipes for Kids – Over 95 Parent Tested Recipes That Kids Can Help Make! - March 10, 2019