This isn't your traditional Southern Chicken and Dumplings, but it's yummy and easy, perfect for a cold day. The whole family loves this recipe, which my mother-in-law shared with me! The tortillas make the "dumplings," and you can hardly tell they're tortillas after the cook. I have added carrots and cream of celery soup, but they're not necessary for a delicious, hearty bowl of soup!
Chicken and Dumplings Soup
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- cream of mushroom soup (one can or make your own!)
- 10 flour, taco sized tortillas (more or less, depending on preference)
- Fill a stock pot half full with water.
- Add chicken breasts (frozen or refrigerated) and boil until done.
- Carefully take cooked chicken out and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add salt, pepper, and cooked chicken back to water in pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in your cream of mushroom soup and return to a boil.
- When boiling, add in tortillas, cut or torn into strips.
- Let cook for about 15 – 20 minutes on medium-high, making sure to stir often.
- Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Love Stitch Valentine’s Day Cupcakes – A Cute, Quick & Easy Party Treat! - January 10, 2019
- Reasons Why I Believe the Future is Bright - January 8, 2019
- Be Prepared for Basketball Season with Nutritious Snacks for Little Athletes! - January 3, 2019