Nectarines and peaches are this family’s favorite Summer fruits. We are lucky to get the most delicious peaches and nectarines at the local supermarket. I always buy many at a time because I know they will be eaten. The boys love eating them plain. Even Baby Brother can quickly devour a nectarine! I wanted to make a dessert with our nectarines, but not anything typical. Hubbby and I love Sopapilla Cheesecake, so I had a great idea to add fruit to it. We have added peaches and nectarines to this dessert, and both are excellent!
- one large nectarine
- one can of crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 – 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese
- 3/4 + 1/4 cups of your favorite kind of sugar. (I have used coconut and organic granulated sugar, both work well.)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Melt butter in a 8 x 8 glass dish in the oven.
- Beat 3/4 cup of sugar with cream cheese and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- When butter is melted, pour it into a small bowl and set aside.
- Roll out four triangles of your crescent roll dough into the bottom of a glass pan.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture on top of the dough.
- Slice and peel nectarine and place slices over cream cheese mixure:nectarine sopapilla cheesecake (or use peaches!)follow
- Place the remaining four crescent roll triangles on top of the nectarine slices.
- Drizzle the melted butter on top.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and remaining sugar on top of the dessert.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 to 40 minutes until dough is browned.