Mickey And The Roadster Racers Juice Bottle Racers was brought to you by Disney Junior. All opinions are mine. contains affiliate links
We have been enjoying the new shows from Disney Junior, this summer especially! The three year old really loves “Mickey And The Roadster Racers.” It is Mickey and friends racing around in cars….what preschooler wouldn’t love that??
Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy and their high-speed transforming Roadsters compete in thrilling races stretching from Hot Dog Hills to Hawaii, and all the way to London, England! Kids will meet the world’s greatest spy, zoom through the skies in a revved up hot-air balloon race, and even return the Queen’s stolen Royal Ruby. It is all about great friendship, teamwork, a little competition and humorous high-spirited adventures!
I decided to do a little upcycling as well as using a fun technique with glue and tissue paper. It’s the same art technique that we used for our turtle with shell craft. The three year old LOVED painting the glue onto the tissue paper, but it does take quite a bit of time for a little one with a small attention span. So, I recommend taking it in spurts or helping little ones out.
Juice Bottle Roadster
- one empty juice bottle, washed and dried
- X acto knife (to be used by an adult only)
- red tissue paper
- 1/8 cup of school glue
- 1/8 cup of water
- small paintbrush
- photo paper OR colored paints and markers (to make the numbers)
- plastic wheels and axles from old cars OR lids and bamboo skewers work, too!
- hot glue gun
- stuffed Mickey Mouse (or friends!)
- Adults only: using an X acto knife, cut a rectangle out of one side of the juice bottle.
- Next, cut a large sheet of tissue paper into about 1″ squares.
- Mix 1/8 cup of school glue with 1/8 cup of water in a shallow bowl.
- Using a small paint brush, paint the glue mixture on a section of the plastic bottle.
- Cover glue with tissue paper squares.
- Paint over the squares and smooth out with glue mixture.
- Cover entire exterior with this technique, then let dry.
- Using an ice pick, make holes for the axles and attach wheels OR hot glue wheels onto the side.
- Design numbers with picmonkey.com, print them out onto sticker paper with a good printer and affix them on the side.
- Place your Mickey (or friends) into the Roadster and let the fun begin!
These Roadsters are super fun to play with using road tape. And the new DVD comes with a fun flag, too!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Instant Pot Silk Tie Dyed Easter Eggs - February 20, 2018
- 25 Easy Random Acts Of Kindness For People Of All Ages - February 15, 2018
- Wonder Movie Activity Sheets – Help Kids Spread Kindness! - February 14, 2018