I hope you enjoy this Mickey Mouse pillowcase post! I was provided the DVD at no cost. All opinions are mine. Contains affiliate links.
Easy To Sew Mickey Mouse Pillowcase For Toddlers
Last year, Little Brother showed interest for a pillow of his own. We gave him a toddler sized pillow for his own, and I personalized it with a cute Mickey Mouse fabric pillowcase. I am not an advanced seamstress by any means, so when I say that this was easy to sew…it really was. This pillow and pillowcase is a great comfort item and would also make a sweet travel pillow for a trip to Disney World.
He has a toddler sized pillow that is 13″ x 18″. It is also pretty simple to make your own pillow, but for now, I am just sticking with the pillowcase. This is a very simple, NOT fancy pillowcase, so if you are a beginner, you can do it! Trust me!
- one yard of your favorite Mickey Mouse fabric (can find some at Amazon or any store that sells fabric!)
- matching thread
- straight pins
- scissors or rotary cutter
- measuring tape
- sewing machine (or needle…it really is a simple project)
- velcro, optional
- Wash and dry fabric.
- Iron wrinkles out, if there are any.
- Cut the fabric to size – If you are making a pillowcase for a 13″ x 18″ pillow, remember that you have to cut extra to allow for it to be folded over and sewn. I cut mine about 14.5″ x 38″.
- You will have one long rectangular piece of fabric. What you want to do is fold down the two ends on the short sides, about 1/4″ in. Make sure it is straight and pin with straight pins.
- Sew a hem on each end, remembering to run a backstitch or two so it will not unravel.
- Fold the fabric in half with the finished sides together. (The unfinished sides should be facing out.)
- Line up edges so it lays flat and even. You might want to iron it once more to make sure it’s exact, although it doesn’t really matter, as long as the edges match up.
- Sew the two outer long edges, making sure to leave the end of one side open, (where the hemmed ends are.) Remember to sew a few backstiches on each corner so it will be secure.
- Turn pillowcase inside out and slip over the pillow.
The three year old was SUPER excited when he got his own pillow that was his own size with Mickey Mouse on it! It is perfect for watching Mickey and the Roadster Racers!
Mickey And The Roadster Racers
Have you seen this new show from the folks at Disney Junior? My three year old loves it! Mickey and his pals run a garage in Hot Dog Hills. They zoom around the world in their fun cars. And of course…they solve problems and have fun with the gang when they’re not racing around!
Buy this fun new DVD on Amazon!
More Disney Fun:
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Quilled Tree Craft For Kids - May 17, 2018
- Peanut Butter Honey Popcorn Balls – For A Fun Peter Rabbit Movie Night! - May 11, 2018
- What I Have Learned from Strong Moms of Preschoolers - May 10, 2018