Crispy Breaded Chicken Tenders will be the Hit of your Fourth of July Party!
I have fond memories of the Fourth of July. Our extended family would always have a reunion, of sorts, at my grandmother's house. Sometimes we went swimming, sometimes we would hang out and find cool stuff behind her house, but we would always eat lots of yummy food…of course! From time to time, we have big Fourth of July get togethers now, and food is always a big part! It is essential to have delicious food at your Independence Day party!
We are not usually with my family on the Fourth of July, but I am so happy that we were able to spend Memorial Day with my parents. We made special memories for the boys, all centered around remembering those who have served, talking about the history of the United States, and even being able to help hang the flag in front of my parents' house. What a beautiful, important tradition for the boys to be able to share with their Grampy!
While we celebrate the Fourth of July this year, I want to share the absolute perfect Fourth of July party food with you. These crispy, buttery, delicious chicken tenders will be a hit with everyone! Pair it with classic summer bbq foods like potato salad, watermelon, grilled veggies, or quartered red potatoes with kale and onions!
These chicken tenders are exactly how they are supposed to be…tender and delicious on the inside, with a crispy breading out the outside. How did I achieve the perfect chicken tender?
Dare Cabaret Crisp & Buttery crackers! The crackers that are great for appetizers, with ham and cheese for a school lunch, or to eat with yummy dips are THE perfect coating for chicken tenders!
Crispy Breaded Chicken Tenders
- 20 Dare Cabaret crackers, crushed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- dash of Ancho Chile Powder
- 3 chicken breasts
- oil for frying, if applicable
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise to make 9-12 strips.
- Crush 20 Dare Cabaret crackers in a zipped plastic baggie, with a rolling pin or jar.
- Crack egg into a medium sized bowl and slightly whisk.
- In a separate bowl or large plate, mix cracker crumbs and spices.
- If frying*, heat your oil (avocado, grapeseed, coconut, etc) in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip chicken strips into egg mixture, one at a time, then dredge into cracker mixture. Press mixture into chicken to coat fully.
- Carefully drop prepared chicken strips into hot oil and cook about 4-5 minutes, then turn and cook another 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. Continually watch the chicken to make sure you do not burn it.
- Continue this process until all tenders have been cooked!
- Serve with pan fried, quartered red potatoes, onions, and kale and a side of honey mustard or ketchup!
*To bake chicken tenders, turn on oven to 375ºF. Prepare a large cookie sheet with spray oil or parchment paper. To make tenders extra crispy, cook them on top of a cooling rack on top of the cooking sheet, and spray with cooking spray before cooking. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, then flip and cook for about 10-12 minutes, watching carefully to make sure they do not burn.
These chicken tenders were gone in no time flat. My whole family LOVED them. If planning for a big Fourth of July party, definitely plan to triple or even quadruple this recipe, depending on how many people are attending! Go ahead and pick up a few of boxes of Dare Cabaret crackers for your party. Any that you do not use for this meal, you can use for yummy appetizers and other dishes. Visit the site for a huge amount of recipe ideas!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- 25 Easy Random Acts Of Kindness For People Of All Ages - February 15, 2018
- Wonder Movie Activity Sheets – Help Kids Spread Kindness! - February 14, 2018
- Soup + Cobb Salad = The Perfect At-Home Date Night! - February 13, 2018