Fall is here and the temperatures are dropping across the country. Here in Texas, we take advantage of those colder nights with a bowl of warm crock pot chili! This is an adapted version of my mother-in-law's chili recipe. I'm not usually one who likes chili, but this is good stuff. Even the Captain likes it! The best part….you can make a big batch and freeze part of it, eat some now, and refrigerate some for leftovers. You can also prepare the chili on the stove for a quick meal, just add the ingredients below and cook on medium-high for about 20-30 minutes and serve.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 2 cans of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- chili powder, to taste (optional)
- Brown ground beef, then drain.
- Add cooked ground beef and other ingredients to crock pot.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5.
- Serve with cornbread, shredded cheese, sour cream, or anything else you want!
What do you like with your chili?
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Say Hello To Fall With This DELICIOUS Apple Cranberry Pecan Crumble - September 23, 2016
- Nine Times When Real Moms Were Thankful For Formula - September 22, 2016
- 15 Fun and Spooky Halloween Appetizers and Snacks - September 21, 2016