Pumpkin is simply awesome. It is packed with vitamins and nutrients and adaptable for all kinds of recipes, and not simply sweets! In case you missed it, I compiled a list of 30 awesome pumpkin recipes. I didn't include this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, however, because I hadn't whipped them up yet. But now, I have, and my family loves them!
- one 15 oz can of pumpkin (stock up at Amazon)
- 1/2 cup of oil (I used grapeseed)
- one cup of sugar
- one egg
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- two cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- one cup of walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix together: pumpkin, oil, sugar, and egg.
- In a different bowl, mix together: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips, and nuts and mix well.
- Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and not doughy in the middle.
(Because of the pumpkin, these cookies have a different texture and are more moist than your average cookie.)
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Three Ways To Grow Spiritually In The New Year – Prayer Wall DIY - December 30, 2015
- Stock Up On Essentials For Holiday Guests – Easy Storage Hack and Free Printable - December 20, 2015
- D's 5th Birthday Interview! - December 17, 2015