contains affiliate links
I love Halloween because there are just so many options for fun things to do and of COURSE, it's in the best month on the entire calendar — October! I have never been one for scary zombies, vampires, and witches, but I love the fun, cute things about Halloween.
My 2 year-old is really, really terrified of anything remotely scary, so he was unsure when I told him we would be making a "monster letter." When he saw that it was HIS letter and we would be gluing pom poms in cute colors with googly eyes, he was all for it.
How to Make Monster Letters
- Trace or freehand a block letter of your choice onto a piece of cardboard. (cardboard boxes work great!)
- Cut the letter out.
- Show your preschooler how to squeeze the glue out, a dot at a time, all over the letter on one side only.
- Help your child place a few pom poms on the glue dots, and then when they've got it, let their creativity take over.
- Give your child a few googly eyes and let them glue them on where they would like them.
- Let dry and display for Halloween!
The great thing about these Monster Letters is that they can be whatever your child wants them to be! Who cares if my son's Monster Letter has 7 eyes? It works! Let their imagination run wild!
What fun Halloween crafts are you doing with your preschooler this season?
More Halloween fun:
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Nutella Cookie Cups – THE Perfect Party Treat! - January 17, 2017
- Love Verse Printables For Valentine’s Day…Or Any Day! - January 13, 2017
- The Highlights Of ShiftCon 2016 In New Orleans (And Why You Should Attend in 2018!) - January 11, 2017