Baby Brother will turn 2 in November and he is getting very opinionated! He is learning new words every day and learning new ways to make us laugh. He loves getting a reaction out of everyone and loves telling strangers that I am his mommy. He is just so, so much fun. But, like I said, he’s also getting very opinionated! I love this age because he is finally able to (usually) tell us what he needs, but not always. Most of the time, he is a happy go lucky toddler, but sometimes he is just in a foul mood! That’s true of all of us though, right?
So what are the things you need to keep a toddler content?
1. Food. Some days it seems that Baby Brother is constantly eating! His favorite foods are strawberries, grapes, bananas, beef, chicken, ketchup, roasted broccoli, and prunes….all cut into appropriate sizes, of course. He is allowed one prune a day because of obvious reasons, but man, does he love his prune! It’s like a special treat! If he sees a bag of prunes in the store, watch out, he’s got to have them. I don’t know what it is about prunes, but he loves them!! And if we’re eating a meal and he doesn’t like it, if it’s acceptable to eat it with ketchup, he will, and it usually makes it more edible for him.
2. Sleep. Baby Brother is like the Captain in that he will fight sleep for as long as possible, but when he is sleepy, you will know it. The worst is right before naptime. He knows his routine and makes sure you know about it if you’re past schedule. Bedtime is a bit different in that he’s a night owl!
3. Fun. Not toys, just fun. Anything can be fun for a toddler. Mommy’s cup of water on the table, the remote control, brother’s favorite blanket, a marker, or you know, the toilet is always a blast!
4. Love and Attention. Not that you COULD ignore our michievous toddler, but if you try, Baby Brother doesn’t really like it. He’s a little tiny human and needs love, attention, and lots of hugs and kisses, too!
5. A dry diaper. Admittedly, it’s easy to forget to change Baby Brother’s diaper unless he complains. He is the third child, after all and he’s not a heavy wetter like his older brothers were. It also helps to have a dependable diaper that holds up and lasts. His skin is also really sensitive, so he has to have a diaper that doesn’t sag, either.
I have found that the best fit comes from Pampers Cruisers. They were already great, but they’ve been improved with the Extra Absorb Channels that help distribute wetness evenly. They stay drier and don’t sag. It’s Pampers’ best fit and protection available! I love that they’re available in many size packs at Target, oftentimes with a great deal!