We have been very blessed this year and the boys have a lot of STUFF. Toys, food, candy, ride-ons, carseats, etc, etc….there is just no way I can stay up to date on all of the recalls that happen daily by checking out manufacturers’ websites and subscribing to email lists. Most of the time, I notice a recall weeks or even months after it happens and that is frustrating. Unless it’s a MAJOR recall that affects the health of a lot of people, there is a delay in when I actually hear about it and can take action by removing the toy or tossing the food product.
We recently found out that the Captain is allergic to pecans and walnuts. A lot of things we eat contain these nuts, so it’s helpful to know if a product contains them. A lot of times products aren’t properly labeled and need to be recalled because they contain allergens that weren’t known to begin with. I LOVED hearing about Recalls Plus because it’s a simple app that immediately alerts you to any and all recalls. You can specify what recalls you want to know about. Of course, we want to be notified of recalls pertaining to products containing tree nuts, so that’s already on my “Watch List.”
You can also add ages of children, companies, and more to your list. So, if you’re only buying Graco products, you won’t be notified with every Britax recall there might be. I love this aspect of Recalls Plus!
Features of the Recalls Plus App include:
• Proactively delivers timely recall alerts for the items on your Personal Watch List (a personalized list of the brands and products that you wish to monitor)
• Hand curates every product and food recall directly from government agencies (CPSC, NHTSA, FDA, USDA) for relevance to children and consolidates them in one place
• Provides parents a simple, easy-to-use solution to track recall information and instantly share it with family and friends
Recalls Plus tracks recalls issued by four Federal agencies in the US:
• Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
• National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
• Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
• United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
Download Recalls Plus for FREE at the Apple Store, Google Play, or Facebook.
**Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.**
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- “Minnie’s Happy Helpers” Activity Pages + DVD Giveaway - July 22, 2017
- Easy, Fresh Mozzarella Mini Pizzas – Perfect For School Lunchboxes! - July 20, 2017
- The Best Portable Snacks For A Trip To The Zoo Or Water Park - July 19, 2017