Dinnertime is always rough because there are so many people to please around here! I’m thankful for that, but sometimes I need a meal that I crave! I don’t know what it is, but chicken salad has always been one of my favorite meals. This recipe for Southwestern Spicy Chicken Salad is jam packed with veggies, flavors, and protein! I love that you can use canned chicken, rotisserie chicken, or any cooked chicken, really! Traditionally, chicken salad is made with chicken breasts, but I don’t have a problem with buying a rotisserie chicken and throwing each piece of delicious meat in this recipe! Here’s a recipe for how to cook a chicken in the Instant Pot!
What I love about recipes such as this is that you can customize it to exactly what you like. If you do not care for bell peppers, leave them out! If you would like to add onions, then go for it! The more flavor options, the better!
This recipe would be great on crackers, croissant bread, or just by itself if you are trying to cut carbs.
This meal makes me think of summer picnics and also Chick-Fil-A! I love their Southwestern salad and the different flavors in it is what I love!
Here’s another delicious recipe – Cashew Aoli Mason Jar Salad!
- - (2) 12.5 oz. cans of Chicken or 3 cups of cooked chicken (about 5 small cooked chicken breasts or small rotisserie chicken)
- - 1 cup of mayo or plain Greek yogurt
- - 2 TBSP Sriracha (more if you prefer it hotter)
- - 2 tsp salt
- - 1/2 tsp pepper
- - 1/4 tsp cumin
- - 1/4 tsp dried cilantro
- - 1 Orange Pepper, diced
- - 1 Red Pepper, diced
- - 1/2 a can of Black Beans
- - 1/2 a can of Whole Corn
- - 3/4 cup of Diced Tomatoes
- Add your cooked chicken to a large bowl.
- Stir in mayo or Greek yogurt, sriracha, salt, pepper, cumin, and cilantro.
- Add in vegetables.
- Stir until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!