Thank you Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups for sponsoring this post. Treat your SOUP-er significant other to a delicious meal!
Date nights are few and far between for my husband and me. Just getting a baby-sitter is hard enough, but then we have to orchestrate where we can go in what amount of time to make getting a baby-sitter even worth it. It is really too much work sometimes!
There are some nights that the kids are not hungry or choose to eat something else and while that can be annoying, personally, we make the most out of it and have a special at-home date night! We can actually talk to each other and hear what is being said without interruptions, while the boys play in the next room or in the backyard.
Lately, with it being so cold, we have been all about the soups. They are sometimes time consuming, though, so I found a hack that we are loving! Idahoan® Steakhouse® Soups give you the flavorful, slow-cooked taste of restaurant-quality soup at home, in just five minutes. They bring together real, red Idaho® potatoes with flavorful seasonings and rich cheeses to provide a creamy taste in every spoonful – all you have to do is add water. I served Creamy Potato Soup next to a delicious Cobb salad and it was a hit!
Hubby is a soup man through and through, so he was thrilled at this meal choice!
Cobb Salad for Two
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- your favorite salad dressing
- Wash and chop lettuce and place on a paper towel to dry.
- Chop bacon, eggs, and avocado.
- Shred cheddar cheese.
- Place dried lettuce in a bowl and arrange other ingredients on top.
- Share a salad with the one you love!
This is an easy meal and would make a great date night in! Enjoy each other and have good conversation around a bowl of hot soup and a shared Cobb salad!
What is your favorite stay at home date night idea?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Quilled Tree Craft For Kids - May 17, 2018
- Peanut Butter Honey Popcorn Balls – For A Fun Peter Rabbit Movie Night! - May 11, 2018
- What I Have Learned from Strong Moms of Preschoolers - May 10, 2018