Simple Homemade Nectarine Cobbler Recipe
contains affiliate link
At our house, we ALL love nectarines. Peaches are delicious, but nectarines are like…a step above peaches. I found these delicious Honey Nectarines at Costco a few weeks ago and we ate about 7 in just a few hours. I got a little over my head and went back to Costco a few days later and bought 20 nectarines. They were already ripe, so they got pretty squishy pretty quickly. I turned them into a simple homemade nectarine cobbler and it was amazing!
The cobbler – nectarine ratio was just about perfect. We love to be able to taste fruit in our fruity desserts! I cooked it from start to finish in my cast iron skillet.
Ingredients for Nectarine Filling
- 3 cups of nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 1/2 TBSP butter
Ingredients for Topping
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cups coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 TBSP butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add nectarines, cold water, sugar, cornstarch, and butter.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly. While the filling is cooking, prepare the topping:
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder together.
- Add the milk and butter and whisk or beat until smooth.
- Set aside until filling is done.
- When nectarine filling is bubbly and thickened, remove from heat.
- Spoon the topping over the filling and spread out evenly.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until the topping is cooked fully and a golden color.
- Let cool and serve by itself or with ice cream or whipped cream!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- “Minnie’s Happy Helpers” Activity Pages + DVD Giveaway - July 22, 2017
- Easy, Fresh Mozzarella Mini Pizzas – Perfect For School Lunchboxes! - July 20, 2017
- The Best Portable Snacks For A Trip To The Zoo Or Water Park - July 19, 2017