This post has been sponsored by Feather Home. All opinions are mine. Contains affiliate links.
Since becoming an adult 21 years ago, I have moved many, many times. College alone had me moving in and out of two dorms, two apartments, and one house. Shortly afterwards, I got married and since then, we’ve lived in six different places! That is a LOT of moving! One thing I never considered even once was the ability to rent furniture. Mind blown. Why didn’t I think of this before?? And what are the pros and cons? Why rent vs. buy furniture anyway?
The Pros of Renting Furniture
There are always advantages to renting furniture. You need to sit down and think about your plans and talk about them with your significant other or roommate. Some of the benefits of renting furniture are:
- You don’t have to move it yourself!
- You don’t have to worry about storing or selling furniture should you not have room for it, either now or in the future.
- You can change the look of your living space frequently.
- You can use furniture without investing in it and possibly paying on it for a long time.
- You aren’t stuck with a certain style forever!
- Renting furniture allows you to have more creativity and freedom to decorate.
The Cons of Renting Furniture
- There are repair or replacement fees if something should happen to the furniture.
- You may be able to find free furniture from family or online. (but the condition may be in question)
- There may be additional fees and contracts, so always check with the rental company!
- You will probably have to sign a lease, just make sure to read it carefully!
Check out Feather Home for Renting Furniture!
Feather Home has many options available for furniture rental. First you join Feather and sign a lease for 12 months or 3 months. Select your plan and start choosing the furniture, art, and rugs! Then, put your feet up and let Feather Home deliver and set up your items.
If you are not quite sure WHAT you are looking for, Feather Home has a Style Quiz that can help you decide what would best look in your living space!
Feather Home in Texas
If you are in the Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or Austin, Texas area and are looking for a reliable furniture rental company, you will be happy to know that Feather Home has just expanded into your area!
Feather Home Delivers
This is something that we really missed out on! I remember when we bought our first nice dresser, we had to get the grandparents to keep the kids, put down all the seats in our van, and carefully load it up. It did get slightly damaged when we had to move it again, so having someone deliver a rental piece would have been so much easier on us!