This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
During the holidays, there are so many meals and different times to celebrate and bring joy. When I attend a holiday party, the desserts are always delicious, but the same every year. Apple pie, peppermint cookies, and possibly another dessert. Holiday parties are pretty predictable, am I right? I wanted to make a dessert that was DELICIOUS, but would make people say “hmmm…” because it’s new and different. What’s something that everyone loves? Bacon. -So there you go! Peppermint Candied Bacon Cupcakes were created!
These delicious cupcakes are made with any chocolate cake recipe and chocolate icing, but the secret is in the toppings….crushed peppermints and candied Wright® Brand Bacon.
All the ingredients are readily available at H-E-B, our favorite store. Wright® Brand Bacon is found in the refrigerated breakfast meats section. It is hand-trimmed, hand-selected, and naturally smoked. It has the perfect thickness and flavor for these cupcakes!
Peppermint Candied Bacon Cupcakes
- Bake chocolate cupcakes! You can make your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe or use a box, because guaranteed, the toppings on these cupcakes is what is going to shine.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare your candied bacon.
How To Make Candied Bacon
- Wright® Brand Bacon, naturally hickory smoked, 8-10 slices per 24 cupcakes
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used a blend of coconut sugar and cane sugar)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Place slices of bacon on top of parchment paper.
- Gently sprinkle sugar blend on top of each slice of bacon.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and cook for about 20-30 minutes.
- When bacon is crispy and golden brown, remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Remove each slice from the cookie sheet and let cool and crisp a bit more on a plate.
- Place a handful of peppermints in a plastic baggie.
- Using a heavy rolling pin, crush peppermints, but not super finely.
Put The Cupcakes Together
- Frost each cupcake with chocolate icing (again, use your favorite recipe for chocolate icing or store bought…no one will know!)
- Sprinkle crushed peppermints on each cupcake.
- Crush or cut the candied bacon and sprinkle generously on the icing, pressing each piece gently into the icing.
Tyson® products are the key ingredient to so many holiday recipes and recipe hacks that can be enjoyed any time of day during the busy season and throughout the year!
What other ways will you be using Wright® Brand bacon in your holiday meals this year?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Star Wars Giveaway – Make it a Fun Holiday and Enter to WIN! - December 7, 2018
- Sphero BOLT and Sphero MINI – The STEAM Gifts Tweens Really Want! - November 28, 2018
- 20 Festive Family Beverages – Non Alcoholic Holiday Drinks - November 24, 2018