Sometimes thinking of what to have for dinner is such a hard decision! Add in someone on a low/no saturated fat diet (as we all SHOULD be, in my opinion, but wow, is that hard!), a low carb diet, and a picky 2 year old…choosing what to eat for dinner is tricky! Last night, the low carbers splurged a bit with this yummy recipe for panko breaded oven fried fish sticks! (although whole wheat panko would be totally acceptable!)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 lbs tilapia, cut into slices
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine panko and spices in a shallow bow.
- Place egg whites in a separate bowl.
- Dip fish sticks in egg, then in the panko/spice mixture, making sure to coat the entire piece of fish.
- Place on a large baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400F 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes evenly when tested with a fork. (I like to broil mine for a few minutes until super crispy.)