With three young boys, outside time is essential. Our yard has been so many things, from soccer field, to badminton court, to a splash pad, and much more. We have backyard chickens, a garden, and lots of vegetation that we need to keep healthy. When looking for an organic fertilizer for our yard, garden, trees, shrubs, vines, and bushes, I knew that research was important…because of our kids and chickens.
I wanted an organic fertilizer that would help feed the soil and my plants, and make a great environment for our family. BioFlora makes a great line of organic fertilizers that will keep your plants looking great.
I used two different BioFlora products in the backyard. I decided against a huge garden this year, but I did want to plant a few pepper plants. I used Soil Source and Seaweed Creme in the backyard. This included my pepper plants, grapevine, blackberry bush, and new pomegranate tree.
This is a picture I have from the early Spring when our pomegranate tree was small. I planted it last fall, after I found it for $3 on clearance at a grocery store. Go figure, right? (See my cute little helper? He was digging for worms to feed the chickens!)
After lots of rain, sunshine and BioFlora fertilizers, this beauty has really grown! (the tree, not the chicken.)
My pepper plants are looking fabulous and the peppers we have eaten off of them are just incredible.
I love love love blackberry blooms. This was a picture I took in May of the very first blackberry blossoms:
And this is my blackberry bush now! We have harvested many blackberries, and here are some gems still growing. They look like raspberries, and then they turn a beautiful dark purple when they’re ripe! I have to pick them before the birds and/or chickens eat them!
And the grapes are just about ripe, too! These will turn a beautiful purple color. My kids love to eat them right off of the vine! They don’t last long.
For the front yard, I used BioFlora Dry Crumbles. I spread it in the grass according to the package directions, and put some around this tree that is just a few years old.
My favorite part of our yard is the little patch of Saint Augustine grass beside our house. It grows really well despite the shade and is the softest part of our yard to walk on. The grass here is a dream, and it was made healthier with BioFlora Dry Crumbles.
With kids playing in the yard all of the time and chickens eating and scrounging around for bugs, an organic fertilizer is a must.
All About BioFlora:
- Soil Source® – Start with the source! Soil Source is where it all begins…in the soil. It is a biologically enhanced humid acid that has naturally occurring, beneficial microbes that help rebuild and restore soils. The microbes soften the soil by improving the organic matter content, allowing soil to hold more water and nutrients to nurture plant life.
- Seaweed Creme® – Did you know that seaweed is a growth stimulant? It contains trace minerals, micronutrients, amino acids, and vitamins essential to plant growth. It also helps to stimulate cell division and larger root systems. It nourishes plant’s roots and blooms!
- Dry Crumbles® – A balanced blend of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and other essential minerals are what makes up Dry Crumbles. It gives grass a long-lasting green and a renewed vigor to flowering plants and shrubs. Dry Crumbles is an organic, coarse-grade dry fertilizer formulated to provide an excellent source of high-quality, sustainable nutrients for all types of plants and lawns. Feed the plants and grass in your yard easily!
Find BioFlora organic fertilizer at a store near you or on Amazon!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Love Stitch Valentine’s Day Cupcakes – A Cute, Quick & Easy Party Treat! - January 10, 2019
- Reasons Why I Believe the Future is Bright - January 8, 2019
- Be Prepared for Basketball Season with Nutritious Snacks for Little Athletes! - January 3, 2019