Loaded Peanut Butter Chex Party Mix – Delicious, Easy No Bake Recipe was brought to you by General Mills. All opinions are mine.
We are right in the middle of summer and we could not be more thrilled about it! Lazy summer days, sunshine, playing outside and LOTS of snacks for the kids while they are out of school is what summer is all about!
The boys love to help out in the kitchen, but I sometimes struggle with letting them help. When I brought home a box of NEW Peanut Butter Chex, I showed them the recipe for Loaded Peanut Butter Chex Party Mix and they were all in! We went to Walmart and bought the ingredients that we did not have on hand, and the boys were excited about making this recipe together. They were able to do most of it themselves, but I did handle the microwave part and pouring the hot mixture on the cereal. Other than that, the 8 year old was able to read the recipe right off the box, get the right measurements, and the 5 year old helped, too! (See below for the full video!) They were SUPER proud of themselves, and this will help inspire them to get cooking more often, I hope!
I love that the Chex cereals are so versatile and can be used in so many recipes OR of course, just eaten with milk at any time of the day! Stock up on NEW Peanut Butter Chex at Walmart for recipes, snacking, and breakfast, all summer long!
Click here for more recipes and info!
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 cups Peanut Butter Chex™ cereal
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cocktail peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate-covered peanut butter cups
- In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix together powdered sugar and baking cocoa; set aside.
- In medium bowl, measure 3 cups cereal; set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir.
- Microwave 15 to 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal in bowl; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour coated cereal into plastic bag with powdered sugar mixture. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on cooking parchment paper to cool, about 20 minutes.
- In large bowl, toss together cooled coated cereal, remaining 3 cups cereal, the peanuts and peanut butter cups. Store in airtight container.
For more fun, add candy-coated peanut butter pieces.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 250 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 180mg Carbohydrates: 23g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 13g Protein: 6g