contains affiliate links
One of my absolute favorite Halloween candies is caramel apple suckers. I adore these sweet, sour, sticky suckers, but do I really need a whole bag? Noooo! I had some of these yummy caramel bits on hand from our Mickey Mouse caramel apples and mini silicon candy molds, and I was surprised with how easy it was! They're small enough to be satisfyingly sweet, but perfect for portion control and little ones!
- about 10 green apple Jolly Ranchers candies
- about 30 Kraft caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unwrap green apple Jolly Ranchers, place in a zippered plastic bag, and close tightly.
- Place plastic bag in a towel and use a meat tenderizer or other heavy object to crush the candy. (Candy doesn't have to be finely crushed, just broken up a bit.)
- Place 2-3 caramel bits in each silicon mold.
- Spoon out enough of the crushed candy into each mold to fill it. Candy will meltand settle a bit, but make sure to not overfill.
- Place filled silicon candy mold into the oven.
- Let candies melt together, watching closely.
- When candies have melted, stir caramel in a swirl.
- Place mold back in oven and let candies melt together for another minute or two.
- When candies have all melted, take mold out of the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- When candies have hardened slightly, but are still warm to the touch, carefully remove one at a time and insert a sucker stick into the bottom of each one, and place on wax paper to cool completely. (I actually used bamboo sticks, but sucker sticks would be better!)
- If it is too hard to put the stick into the candy, you can reheat candy any number of times to get them just perfect!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice – Delicious Way to Cut the Carbs and Load Up the Veggies! - February 7, 2019
- Hearty Casseroles for Cold Winter Nights – Real Food Recipes That The Family Will Love! - February 5, 2019
- How to Have Even More Fun on Your Family Grocery Shopping Trips! - February 1, 2019