My kids are all about grape juice and here is why I don't mind. For one, it tastes delicious. Two, it helps their little digestive tracts move right along, which let's face it, is great news for parents because the alternative is a tummy ache and just a feeling of being unwell. Did you know, though, that grape juice is great for your heart?
Welch's grape juice is made from Concord grapes, which have a thick, dark purple skin and crunchy seeds that all contain polyphenols. Research suggests that certain polyphenols may play a role in supporting a healthy heart. 100% grape juice helps support a healthy heart. It also supports healthy circulation, keeping blood pumping and energy flowing. 100% grape juice is a healthy, nutrient-dense beverage and contains no added sugar. Each 4 oz. glass of Welch’s 100% Grape Juice is made with more than 20 Concord grapes and counts as 1 serving (1/2 cup) of fruit, with no added sugar, color or flavor.
I combined the flavor and power of Concord grapes with the good-for-you power of grass-fed gelatin, and came up with these delicious, antioxidant rich Grape Juice Gelatin Hearts. They are good for kids and adults alike! You can, of course, make this gelatin in a regular dish, but the heart molds make them a bit more fun.
Grape Juice Gelatin Hearts
- 1 1/4 cups of Welch's grape juice
- 1/4 cup of boiling water
- 2 1/2 TBSP grass-fed gelatin (can use more for firmer gelatin)
- Pour 1/2 cup of grape juice into a small glass bowl.
- Sprinkle 2 TBSP gelatin over the grape juice.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes to "bloom."
- Add 1/4 cup of boiled water to mixture and use a whisk or fork and stir well.
- When mixed well, add in remainder (1 cup) of grape juice and stir well.
- Pour through a strainer, if desired.
- Pour mixture into heart molds or a 8×8 glass baking dish.
- Put molds or dish into the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight, until firm.
These are delicious, nutritious bites of goodness! Jam packed with antioxidants, protein, and vitamins…you can't lose with these grape juice gummies!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Calm The Dinnertime Chaos And Get The Conversations Started - October 17, 2017
- Create A Fun I Spy Bottle For Sick Days! - October 13, 2017
- Get The Kids Helping In The Kitchen With This Delicious Smoked Sausage Sheet Pan Meal! - October 11, 2017