If you are planning to cook during the holidays, you are likely needed to cook two things at once, probably on different temperatures. I remember being so hungry for Thanksgiving dinner and smelling the dressing cooking, but then we cannot eat until the rolls are cooked and that takes another 10-15 minutes AFTER the oven adjusts to the new temperature. Sure, it's only a few minutes, but it seems like a lifetime when you are hungry for a delicious Thanksgiving meal! Now, you can cook two things at once, (like my pink thumbprint cookie recipe at the bottom of this post!)
The LG ProBake Double Oven from Best Buy is appealing for that reason alone, but we all need one throughout the year, too. The ProBake Convection™ ensures that everything on every rack is baked to perfection, every single time. LG moved the heating element from the bottom of the oven to the back wall for optimal heat distribution. Browning is consistent on the top and bottom. That means every cookie is baked to perfection!
LG’s ProBake Convection ranges also feature LG’s EasyClean®, so you are able to get a clean oven in just 10 minutes in just three steps….without high heat or chemical fumes.
Special Offers at Best Buy
Kitchen Bundle Rebate through 10/29, receive a Visa Gift Card valued up to $400 with purchase of a 4 piece Kitchen Package.
Receive 5x reward points with your Best Buy account on any ProBake Range purchase from 9/28 – 10/29. This can also be stacked with the kitchen bundle rebate offer.
So now that you will have extra room and an opportunity to cook two different things at once, I'll share with you one of my favorite childhood cookie recipes….Pink Thumbprint Cookies. We used to just call them "pink cookies," but man are they delicious!
Ingredients for cookies:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 c. oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Mix all ingredients into a smooth dough
- Roll into log shape and cut into 1 inch slices.
- Make an indentation in the center of each cookie by pressing with your thumb
- Make at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and fill with icing (recipe below.)
Ingredients for pink icing:
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 TBSP water
- pinch of salt
- drop of cherry flavoring OR 1 tsp cherry juice (add red food coloring if desired)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp milk
Directions for Icing:
- Bring oil, corn syrup, water, coloring and salt to a boil.
- Add flavoring and sugar until it is mixed well and sugar is dissolved.
- Add milk until icing reaches consistency to drop into indentations in cookie.
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice – Delicious Way to Cut the Carbs and Load Up the Veggies! - February 7, 2019
- Hearty Casseroles for Cold Winter Nights – Real Food Recipes That The Family Will Love! - February 5, 2019
- How to Have Even More Fun on Your Family Grocery Shopping Trips! - February 1, 2019