I'm a sucker for quick snacks and desserts. I want to have s'mores without waiting to go camping and microwave s'mores and s'mores-like recipes just aren't the same. My guys love my easy oven s'mores and I know you will, too! The beauty of making them in the oven is that the marshmallows brown, just like if you were sitting in front of a campfire. I also use chocolate chips because I usually don't buy chocolate bars and have them on hand, plus, you're using less chocolate so it's not a total overindulgence.
- graham crackers
- chocolate chips (we like to use these organic chocolate chips from Tropical Traditions)
- marshmallows (you can make your own gourmet marshmallows or buy organic marshmallows)
1. Place graham crackers on a pan, and arrange chocolate chips on top. Pile on as many as you like, but remember, they will be melty and messy. This is the number I've found to work best for feeding toddlers and preschoolers:
2. Next, pop them (carefully) into the oven on broil. Watch them closely because you just want them to be slightly melted and not burnt.
3. Take them out of the oven and if you're using big marshmallows, like I did, you'll want to halve them. Push them down on top of the melty chocolate chips and stick them back in the oven, on broil.
4. Watch them very closely and wait for them to slightly brown.
5. Take them out, put another graham cracker on top, and eat!
See! Super simple and so yummy! My guys like to eat their s'mores while playing "Adventurers" with their Backyard Safari vests and adventure toys! It's the perfect snack for exciting adventures. 🙂
*contains affiliate links*