Christmas Tree Craft for Kids
We are always looking for fun crafts to do with the boys, especially those that take a little more time and helps them practice their fine motor skills. I wanted to do a Christmas tree craft for kids, and the steps are pretty simple. I took a technique we used to make this turtle with shell craft to make the texture on the tree.
- cardboard box
- green tissue paper
- school glue or liquid starch
- glitter glue
- multi-colored tri-shaped beads
- Cut a medium sized triangle out of cardboard.
- Cut both long strips and small triangles out of green tissue paper.
- Mix equal parts water and school glue (or use liquid starch) with a paintbrush in a small bowl.
- "Paint" the large cardboard triangle with your glue mixture and a paintbrush.
- Place your long strips of green tissue paper over the cardboard triangle, covering it completely.
- When the cardboard triangle is covered with tissue paper, paint over it again.
- Carefully stick your small green tissue paper triangles all over the triangle, arranging it in any way that you like. Make sure they are stuck, but do not paint glue over it.
- Allow tree to dry completely, and then use a dot of school glue to glue your tri-shaped bead "ornaments" on.
- Create a small star with paper and paint with glitter glue and glue it on top.
- Allow to dry and decorate with other items, if you wish!
Best Christmas Books for Kids
Our Christmas tree craft for kids idea was inspired by "If You Take A Mouse To The Movies." It's one of our favorite books! We love to read these books together. You could recreate a tree from every Christmas book that you read. A popcorn garland from the "If You Take A Mouse To The Movies," a tree with a great big gold star from Curious George, or a tree with a paper chain like Corduroy's!
What are some of your favorite Christmas books for kids?
If You Take a Mouse to the MoviesIf You Take a Mouse to the Movies (A Special Christmas Edition) (If You Give…)Merry Christmas, Mouse! (If You Give…)Gingerbread Friends by Brett, Jan [Putnam Juvenile,2008] (Hardcover)My Little Christmas StoryCorduroy's Christmas SurpriseClifford Helps Santa (Clifford The Big Red Dog)The Missing Mitten MysteryWho's That Knocking on Christmas Eve?Merry Christmas, Curious GeorgeSanta Claus Is Comin' to TownWho Will Guide My Sleigh Tonight?Little Engine That Could and the Snowy, Blowy ChristmasSilent Night (A VeggieTales Book) (VeggieTales (Candy Cane Press))Silent Night: A Light and Sound BookCharlie Brown Christmas 50th Anniversary, A: Deluxe Edition
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- 5 School Items that you NEED to Wash Over Holiday Breaks - November 13, 2018
- Two Crafts for Kids Inspired by Disney’s The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - November 10, 2018
- Simple Guide to Intermittent Fasting (Free Printable Cheat Sheet, too!) - November 7, 2018