The Spring weather here in Texas has me craving all the garden fresh fruits and vegetables! Sure, it can still be freezing one day and HOT the next, but it is still pretty awesome. Hubby and I went on the Whole30 diet earlier this year and did well. It definitely taught us some healthy eating habits that we are still holding on to. And who knew that you could create such awesome things with WHOLE foods that have incredible taste? Ditching the processed salad dressings and ingredients has been SO good for me.
Hubby loves cashews, so I really have been exploring the different, delicious ways to use them in cooking. This garlic herb avocado cashew cream cheese sounds so flavorful!
This recipe for Cashew Aoli Mason Jar Salad is a great way to meal plan and have something delicious on hand for when the hunger strikes! Lots of fresh ingredients go into this make it jam packed of nutrients and fiber! It may be a small serving, but it will fill you up.
Most Dijon mustard is Whole30 compliant, but definitely check the labels. I recommend Annie’s Organic Dijon Mustard, but any brand will work as long as the ingredients are complaint. Make sure there is no sugar! It really isn’t necessary.
These cute little jars can be easily packed for a picnic, day at work, or in a lunchbox for school. They can be eaten as part of a round of Whole30 or not, they are just that delicious! Feel free to add in chicken or bacon for extra protein.
Let me know if you try this mason jar salad recipe and what you think!
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for frying asparagus
- Soak cashews in 1/2 cup water for 1 hour.
- Sauté asparagus pieces in coconut oil until brown, yet crisp.
- Add soaked cashews, Dijon mustard, salt, lemon juice, and garlic to the blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Add in 1/4 cup of water at a time until you get the desired consistency.
- Layer salad in the jar: broccoli and cauliflower on bottom, carrots, spinach, tomato, avocado, asparagus and cashew aoli.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender, Professional-Grade, 48 oz. Container, Black
Ball Pint Mason Jar, Regular Mouth, 16 oz (2 Count)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.