sponsored by Nebula Genomics. All opinions are mine.
What is genome sequencing all about?
What is the best genome sequencing company?
Nebula Genomics uses whole genome sequencing to decode 100% of your DNA and fully unlock your genetic blueprints.
Other great things about Nebula Genomics:
- Privacy First DNA Testing
- Nebula Research Library – receive new reports every week, based on the latest scientific discoveries
- Genome Exploration Tools – browser-based genome exploration tools to answer any questions about your DNA
- Deep Genetic Ancestry – discover more about your ancestry with full Y chromosome and mitochondrial DNA sequencing and analysis
- Genomic Big Data Access – Download your FASTQ, BAM, and VCF files and dive deeper into your Whole Genome Sequencing data
- Ready for Diagnostics – Nebula’s Whole Genome Sequencing data is of the highest quality and can be used by physicians and genetic counselors.
What can Nebula Genomics Testing tell a person about their health?
Whole Genome Sequencing is the best DNA test to discover genetic health risks and for diagnosis of genetic conditions. It can identify genetic conditions or high risk conditions. It can also uncover carrier status for rare diseases. It enables patients to receive comprehensive genetic counseling and improved medical care that takes the genetic disease into consideration. Whole Genome Sequencing works equally well for people of all ethnicities (e.g. African, Asian, Caucasian, Ashkenazi Jewish, or Native American).
How do collect your sample for the DNA test?
Testing is simple. After you sign up and purchase your plan, Nebula Genomics will send you a test kit. Simply follow the instructions and collect a saliva sample from the inside of your cheek. Then mail sample back to them and they will do the rest of the work! It does take some time to complete your test, but the results are worth it.
My experience with Nebula Genomics
I was able to submit a DNA sample and have it analyzed by Nebula Genomics. I am still going through the information, there really is SO much! It is fascinating to me to learn and study science in this way. I enjoy reading the reports and seeing how things pertain to my DNA. The most challenging part has been downloading the huge files and having access to them. But with an external hard drive or large storage space, it isn’t a problem.