Basketball season is in full swing here! With college basketball games, professional basketball games, and the backyard basketball games at our house, we are loving this time because it is one of our favorite sports! We will be watching quite a few games on TV in the upcoming weeks and months, so I wanted to share this delicious recipe that is PERFECT for your basketball watching party – BBQ Beef Sweet Potato Bites!
I was inspired to create this recipe after the craze about sweet potato toast on instagram and food blogs. It’s an easy, healthier, delicious treat for breakfast (or dinner), and these sweet potato toast bites are equally as delicious! Great as a finger food for any party, these little bbq beef sweet potato bites will quickly become basketball game watching party favorites. They will not only round out your guests’ plate, but they will steal the show!
This recipe is pretty fail proof. Curly’s BBQ makes it super easy, too, because their perfectly sauced Pulled Beef is the star of this recipe. All you need to do is warm it up and it is good to go on this round slices of golden goodness. Top with an avocado cilantro cream that is also easy to make and you are looking like a gourmet chef! You could add some of your favorite cheese crumbles or pico de gallo on top, but thankfully this pulled beef is so tasty that you don’t need much.
You can find Curly’s products in the refrigerated meat case section at your local grocery store. Also, for a limited time there will be a $1 off coupon available on Curly’s packages in store. So definitely pick up a few while this special coupon offer lasts! You can find Curly’s BBQ close to you right here: https://curlys.com/store-locator/
- one package of Curly's BBQ Pulled Beef
- 3-4 small sweet potatoes
- cooking spray or oil
- one large avocado
- 2 TBSP coconut milk, sour cream, or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro plus some for garnish
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt, to taste
- Wash sweet potatoes, then cut off the ends.
- Using a sharp knife or mandolin slicer, cut sweet potatoes in 1/4" (or so) slices.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray or place on a wire rack or parchment paper, not touching.
- Spray the tops of the sweet potato rounds or drizzle with oil.
- Cook sweet potatoes in a 350° F oven for 8-10 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 8-10 minutes. Depending on thickness of your sweet potatoes, these could be done much sooner, so keep an eye on it during the cooking phase.
- When sweet potatoes are tender, pull them out and let cool.
- Warm your Curly's BBQ Pulled Beef according to package directions.
- While the beef is cooking, wash the avocado and remove the pit and skin.
- Add the avocado, coconut milk (or sour cream or Greek yogurt), 1/4 cup cilantro, lime juice, and a pinch of salt to a blender.
- Blend until creamy. If you need to add more lime juice or coconut milk to make it creamier, feel free to do so.
- When Curly's BBQ Pulled Beef is hot, spoon about a teaspoon on top of each sweet potato round.
- Top with avocado cream and a piece of cilantro for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Cashew Aoli Mason Jar Salad – Whole 30 Approved Salad in the Perfect Portions! - March 15, 2019
- BBQ Beef Sweet Potato Bites with Avocado Cilantro Cream - March 12, 2019
- Recipes for Kids – Over 95 Parent Tested Recipes That Kids Can Help Make! - March 10, 2019