contains affiliate links
We have Mexican food at least once a week. While I do love making Instant Pot Mexican Rice, I like to change it up a bit sometimes and make a different side dish. Same rice, some of the same ingredients, but SUCH a different flavor! This Cilantro Lime Rice is a great addition to any meal. It goes great alongside tacos, burritos, fajitas, flautas, and more.
I never could get rice cooked correctly before I started using the Instant Pot. It would stick to the pan, be mushy, or sometimes, not be cooked enough. It was always a gamble. When I started cooking rice in the Instant Pot though, it comes out perfectly almost every time. Sometimes I get in a hurry and forget to add enough chicken broth or forget to close the vent correctly. So. It isn’t never-fail, but it is the closest thing to never fail rice that I have found!
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 TBSP olive or avocado oil
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 TBSP cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 TBSP lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic (optional)
We love garlic in everything, so if you do not, just leave it out. Alternatively, you could switch it out with onion.
- Set the Instant Pot on saute and add your oil and rice. Leave the lid off and stir frequently.
- Saute the rice for about 4 minutes and then add in the garlic.
- Saute the rice and garlic together for about 2 more minutes, until they begin to turn a golden color.
- Add in the chicken broth, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and cumin, and stir. Scrape the bottom so the rice doesn’t burn.
- Close and lock the lid. Turn the Instant Pot to Manual for 8 minutes.
- When 8 minutes is up and Instant Pot beeps, open the vent and place a towel over it. Be careful, it is very hot.
- Serve with your favorite Mexican food, like my Authentic Cheese Enchiladas!
Don’t miss these Instant Pot Favorites:
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- BBQ Rib Potato Salad – For Family Dinners, Potlucks, or BBQs! - March 19, 2018
- How To Throw The Ultimate Basketball Party for Kids! - March 17, 2018
- Homemade Salad Dressing and Vinaigrette Recipes - March 12, 2018