I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Influence-Central for #AveenoEczemaTherapy. I received a sample to facilitate my review and a thank you item for participating.
October is National Eczema Awareness Month and with good reason. When the temperatures start getting cooler, I know now that I need to be prepared with an arsenal to combat our eczema. It seems that the dry, cold winter weather is awful on our skin. The Captain has suffered with eczema many winters, and Baby Brother is following in his footsteps.
What Is Eczema ?
- DO use hydrating cleansers and barrier creams with soothing ingredients like colloidal oatmeal daily to maintain the integrity of the skins barrier.
- DO look for products with ceramide – an essential lipid naturally found within the skin that plays a key role in enhancing and restoring the skin's protective function.
- DO you use fragrance free laundry detergent to wash clothing, sheets and towels and avoid dryer sheets.
- DON'T use body lotions with irritants which can aggravate skin and cause eczema to flare.
- DON'T use products with fragrances or harsh dyes.
How do you prevent and treat eczema?
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Nutella Cookie Cups – THE Perfect Party Treat! - January 17, 2017
- Love Verse Printables For Valentine’s Day…Or Any Day! - January 13, 2017
- The Highlights Of ShiftCon 2016 In New Orleans (And Why You Should Attend in 2018!) - January 11, 2017