Peppermint Mocha Cookie Recipe
Although I love a hot, delicious Pumpkin Spice latte, my favorite beverage this time of year is Peppermint Mocha. Serve up a plate of these cookies, made with a special peppermint mocha cookie recipe, at Christmas parties and gatherings this year!
Chocolate Cookie Ingredients:
1 8 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
2 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
2/3 cup coconut sugar (regular sugar will work, too)
1 TBSP espresso
½ tsp Madagascar Bourbon vanilla
½ cup flour
¼ tsp baking powder
1 bag Ghirardelli white chocolate wafers
1 bag of peppermint candy
Chocolate Cookie Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate chips and butter to a glass bowl.
- In a microwave heat on HIGH power in 20 second periods.
- Stir after each 20 seconds until the chocolate mixture has melted and is smooth add espresso and stir.
- Allow to cool for 25 – 30 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip together eggs, egg yolk, brown sugar and granulated sugar until pale, fluffy and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the in vanilla and peppermint. Stirring to blend all of the ingredients.
- Add in the chocolate mixture. Mix well.
- Stir dry mixture into egg/chocolate mixture just until combined with a wood spoon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Using a small ice cream scoop form dough balls.
- Put them on the parchment lined cookie sheets at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven allowing the cookies to cool on baking sheet about 5 minutes.
- Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
-Line cookie sheets with wax paper.
-Put the peppermint candy into a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush into small pieces.
-Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate wafers.
-Dip on half of each chocolate cookie into the melted white chocolate.
-Sprinkle each dipped cookie with crushed peppermint candy.
-Lay the cookies on wax paper until they are completely dried and cooled.
These cookies would be delicious alongside your favorite peppermint mocha coffee recipe or with a glass of milk on Christmas Eve!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- How To Improve Your Garden Using Natural Fertilizers - March 21, 2017
- Four Basketball Games For Kids And A DIY Snack Trophy! - March 15, 2017
- 20 Vegetarian Taco Recipes For Taco Tuesday - March 13, 2017