All three of our boys have never been known to be quiet as babies. Thankfully we go to a church where the people love our children and don't mind the baby babbles during service. It has always been important to keep them busy and happy, though, so they are making happy sounds and not fussing. I like to keep them in church for as long as possible but we do have to get up and head to the nursery if they're too loud….which is embarassing, but I want to catch as much of the service as possible.
I wanted to share with you some things that keep Baby Brother happy during church, plus a few more great things you can make or gather for your church/restaurant/special occasion bag!
1. Quiet toys like these adorable DIY Soft Blocks from Mama Say What?!
2. Board books are great for babies to look at during church or other quiet times. (Until Baby Brother decides he needs to yell at the characters. 🙂 Check out this great list of the best board books for baby from Carrie Elle:
3. Tag blankets like this one from COOPCRAFTS are great for babies to play with. They love exploring all of the little pieces and different textures.
4. Wooden toys are great and usually pretty quiet. We always pack this wooden fish toy from BeginAgain toys:
(The adorable chevron blanket is from Mamas and Papas, and is handy when Baby Brother can play on the floor.)
Do you have any quiet toys or ideas that could be added to this list?
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Easter Basket Idea: Free SING Lunchbox With Kids’ DVDs at Best Buy! - March 29, 2017
- How To Upcycle Vintage Coffee Pots Into Planters - March 27, 2017
- 15 Minute Instant Pot Mexican Rice - March 24, 2017